Triumph Spitfire and GT6 the complete story.
For a whole generation of car enthusiasts, Triumph was the manufacturer to turn to when buying a sports car. Whether it was a Spitfire or GT6 – or the more costly TR models – this Coventry manufacturer was the sports car king during the twentieth century. Now that these machines are fully fledged classics, nothing has changed. While the Spitfire has the MGB as a formidable adversary, the GT6 is still in a class of its own. Triumph Spitfire and GT6 details the history and development of these classic cars, with specification guides for each of the five Spitfire derivatives and three GT6 models.
Topics covered include:Â
– Development and production of the five Spitfire derivatives from 1962 – 1980: the Spitfire 4, 4 Mk2, Mk3, MkIV and 1500
– The GT6 models from 1966-1973: the Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3
– Spitfire and GT6 in motorsport – 24 Hours in Le Mans, Alpine Rally and Tour de France, and racing in the US
– Full buying guide and tips on modifying, with colour and trim options, and details of optional extras available for each model
– An insight into what the press thought of each Spitfire and GT6 derivative, with pages also devoted to how the cars were marketed
English, hardcover, 176 pages, 2014.