Frogeye Sprite the complete story.
Frogeye Sprite – The Complete Story is the only book to have been written exclusively about the iconic Mark 1 Austin Healey Sprite. The headlights in the bonnet and unusual radiator grill shape gave the car a cheeky grin, so it soon gained the name ‘Frogeye’. The book covers the full story of the design, development and manufacture of the Mark 1 Austin Healey Sprite, including the considerable success of the car in racing and rallying.
Topics covered include:Â
– The car’s racing success with drivers such as Stirling Moss, John Sprinzel, Paddy Hopkirk and Alec Poole
– The special-bodied and bespoke grand touring versions such as the Sebring Sprite, Alexander GT and Lenham GT, plus the one-off Lumbertubs Sprite
– Modern day Sprites – new-builds and restorations
– Owners’ experiences of living with and driving the Frogeye
– Information about clubs and support for owners
– Foreword by Bic Healey.
English, hardcover, 224 pages, 2016, John Baggott.