Volkswagen Karmann Ghias and Cabriolets, 1949-1980.
Volkswagen enthusiast and expert Richard Copping reveals the full story of the Karmann Ghia from initial concepts to the production of the Coupe, the addition of a Cabriolet, and the model’s ongoing progress until its eventual sad demise in 1974.
– Background story of the firms and key individuals involved, 1949-1980.
– The history of the Karmann Ghia and V W Beetle Cabriolet from prototype to production.
– The coupe, cabriolet and Type 34 variants of the Karmann Ghia, as well as special models and one-off model variants.
– The development of the Beetle Cabriolet, the original model that brought VW and Karmann together.
– Model specifications and year-by-year evolution of design and production.
– Specially commissioned photography and a wide range of fascinating period imagery.
Engelstalig, hardcover, 208 pagina’s, 2012, Richard Copping, zwart-wit en kleuren fotografie.