Everyday Modifications for your VW Bay Window Van.
The books in the Everyday Modifications series from Crowood are designed to guide classic van and car owners through the workshop skills needed to make their vehicles easier to use and enjoy. Camper van enthusiast Rob Hawkins gives practical advice on modernizing and improving a VW Bay Window camper van. With over 700 colour photographs, the book provides step-by-step guides on how to fit a wide range of simple and more sophisicated upgrades to bring a Bay Window into the 21st century.
With safety information throughout, the book covers;
- Upgrading the interior – front bench seats, trimming panels, LED lighting, sound proofing and fitting a budget sound system
- Improving the ride quality – how to improve the suspension, change dampers, assess wheels and tyres and fit uprated anti-roll bars
- Better brakes – Bay Window brakes can be as good as a modern vehicle’s, and this book shows how to do it
- Updating the electrics – how to fit an alternator and a leisure battery with a fuse box, recharging the leisure battery and fitting a high-level brake light
- Engine preservation and upgrades, including removing and rebuilding an engine
- Many other upgrades – including how to fit a rear view camera, electronic steering and a towbar
Engels, 2015, softcover, 190 pagina’s, 728 kleuren foto’s.